Wednesday 30 June 2010

Free Music! From Moby!

Hola! I've recently stumbled across an opportunity for a free mix - by the one and only Moby, (supposed) great-great-greatgrand nephew of Herman Melville, author of the oft-discussed (but rarely actually read) masterpiece Moby-Dick. I consider him to be one of the major forces in electronica; his debut, Everything Is Wrong, alongside the 1999 master-work Play (which frankly stands as one of electronica's finest moments) and his most recent effort, the under-appreciated (in my humble opinion) Wait For Me. Have you heard it yet? If not, I recommend picking it up like now and giving it a spin. Works well at night, with some candles going, and (preferably) a nice glass of Cabernet.

Now, the nice folks at XLR8R Magazine had something of an "itching" for the glow-stick/whistle fueled house anthems of the early 1990's. Like when you hear ghosts, brother, freaky ghosts, baby - who ya gonna call?

Moby, naturally. Asked if he could come up with a nice mix of early rave anthems you could shake your booty too and blow your whistles and shake those glow sticks under them flashing lights, he said, in effect, Damn right.


I'm listening to the damn thing right now as I write this, and I gotta tell ya - the shit delivers! Clocking in at 48 minutes, it's a joyous and righteously awesome flashback to the days (daze?) of rave, warehouse parties, anthems, and, yes, glow sticks. I'm sure you're asking yourself right now, Now where on Earth can I get one of these free mixes for myself and shake my booty all night long?

Wonder no more, faithful friends!


You're welcome!

No comments: