Sunday 24 October 2010

New Music: Bag Raiders.


Well, I've been here in Australia for a little over two weeks now, and I thought it appropriate to incorporate some more Australian electronica here on Second Drawer Up - so I have! Today, a gorgeous Monday morning, I aurally visit the beau monde of Sydney, and the new, exciting music of Bag Raiders, who have just released their debut self-titled album the first of October. This duo, consisting of Chris Stracey and Jack Glass, exhibit many of the qualities in electronic music I admire so much. Interesting and textured beats? Check. Laser-cool synths? Check. A certain house-music sensibility? Check, check, check. Add to those components some wistful lyrics, some tribal drums, a great buildup, and a rocking finish, and you have a track like "Way Back Home." I'm liking these guys immensely - think of them as a housier Cut Copy, and by all means totally check 'em out. I'm calling this one a winner. Check out their Myspace page - you can stream some of their music AND see where they're going to be playing for their 2010 tour! Melbourne readers, they're playing at the Billboard Club Friday, 19 November. Cheers!


bag raiders
"way back home"
bag raiders

No comments: